Columbia Dance is in search of an Artistic and School Director
Columbia Dance – Vancouver, Washington
- You care deeply about sharing your love of dance with young people, seeing potential in every dancer.
- You believe in high quality dance instruction and have experience developing curriculum that emphasizes the development of confidence, self-esteem, and accountability, creating a studio community that grows good people as well as good dancers.
- You have a rich professional history of training, dancing and teaching. You know what your students will be expected to master in order to dance professionally, can provide them with that foundation, and you know how to positively motivate students to do their best.
- You have management experience and are qualified to take on the administrative responsibilities of a Director position. You have worked collaboratively with a Board of Directors and staff to accomplish fundraising goals and develop donor relationships, and can effectively represent our organization in the community.
- You are an emerging or established choreographer and you enjoy the steady output of choreography required of an Artistic Director. You support healthy collaboration between dancers, instructors and choreographers.
- You are passionate about bringing dynamic and cutting edge guest teachers and choreographers to the studio, exposing your students to fun and different elements of the dance world.
- You have the creativity, dedication and energy to take an established and successful dance school to a new level of success and maturity while remaining true to the organization’s non-competitive and inclusive culture.
Have we described you? Then we invite you to apply for the position of Artistic Director and Director of School at Columbia Dance.
Columbia Dance is an award winning, non-profit dance school of 150 students with a 25-year history in Vancouver, Washington. In addition to the school that teaches many forms of dance, we have a pre-professional ballet company that is a member of Regional Dance America, as well as a junior ballet company. The studio hosts summer intensive workshops with guest teachers for more advanced students and summer camps for younger students. Our production of The Nutcracker plays to full houses every holiday season.
Vancouver is just across the river from Portland, Oregon. Our beautiful facility is located downtown in the heart of the arts district, and is home to three studios, the largest of which is 50’ x 75’, a costume shop with onsite storage, a large reception and lobby area along with dressing rooms and an upstairs office.
Our current Director is retiring in 2019, and we seek to replace her with a professional who shares the Columbia Dance Community’s mission:
Provide a positive, nurturing and challenging environment where all are inspired to embrace their creative potential.
Set high artistic standards in teaching and performance.
Present dance as a life-enhancing experience for our students and our community.
Encourage the appreciation of dance as an art form.
For a full description of the position and the requirements for consideration, please download our Full Position Description.
To apply please submit the following to email@example.com by September 15, 2018:
- Resume, including salary requirements
- Cover Letter that addresses the essential skills listed above
- A statement of 100 words or less stating why you are uniquely qualified for this position
- 3 references with contact information and a brief description of what your relationship is to each reference
- Links to three examples of your choreography