We welcome feedback and questions of all kinds, from families and dancers. You can email us at email@example.com or leave a note in our suggestions/comments box. There is a committee of dedicated CDC community members who will address issues promptly and direct queries to the appropriate person if they are unable to answer the question/concern themselves.
General School Information
- Inclement Weather Days: Columbia Dance follows the Vancouver School District policy for closure due to inclement weather. Please call the studio phone to check if you are uncertain.
- Parent Observation Weeks: We have found from experience that students make better progress without parents in the studio. Parents and friends are invited to observe classes three times a year during Parents Observation Week. These weeks are listed on the annual calendar.
- Performances: All students have the opportunity to perform at the end of the year in our Annual School Performance. All students ages 7 and up are invited to audition for our annual holiday classic, The Nutcracker, performed in December, and Columbia Dance Presents! in the Spring.
- Notices & Messages: Important school notices and schedules are posted on the School bulletin board in the lobby. Students and parents are responsible for checking the board regularly. Electronic notification via email is available during performance rehearsals for families providing current contact information. Efforts will also be made to communicate important changes on the website.
- Lobby Area: Parents are welcome to watch classes from the lobby. The level of noise in the lobby must be maintained at a low volume. Excess noise can be heard through the classrooms and disrupts the dancers’ ability to concentrate. Parents are expected to keep a close eye on their children and not allow them to run around the studios. Please help us keep our lobby clean: pick up after yourselves and dispose of trash and recycling in the respective receptacles.
- ‘No Dogs’ policy: All dogs must be on leash or in a carrier and must not pass the slate entryway of Columbia Dance.
- Lost and Found: The Lost and Found basket is located in the lobby. Clearly labeled clothing and shoes help to prevent their loss. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
- Dressing Rooms: Men’s and Women’s changing rooms are available. Company members have access to unlocked storage cubes for dance-related personal items. Please do not leave valuables unattended. That said, all dancers will use only what belongs to them and respect the possessions of others. Behavioral expectations extend across all physical spaces in Columbia Dance—from the studio to dressing rooms; we are an inclusive community of respect and collaboration.
- Conferences: Students and parents are welcome to call the school at any time they have questions or concerns. Conferences with faculty can be arranged. Teachers are often scheduled to teach consecutive classes. Instead of talking with faculty members after class, please schedule a separate meeting or phone conference time.
- Outstanding Balances: Students who carry an unpaid balance on their account for more than 60 days will not be allowed to participate in classes unless payment of the outstanding balance is made in full, or unless suitable arrangements have been made with the Office Manager and a good faith effort is being made to pay the balance. Also, students with an outstanding balance from the previous school year must pay their balance in full before registering for classes for the upcoming school year. If the balance cannot be paid in full, a suitable arrangement must be made for payment of the balance and a good faith effort must be made to pay the balance, and they must enroll in monthly autopay to stay current on present-year tuition.